In This Section


1. Sign Student Teacher Contract with MPS

Each college/university must be contracted with MPS in order to place pre-student teachers or student teachers in our schools. Each student teacher contract is good for three school years, provided that college/university maintains a current insurance certificate with MPS. To initiate or renew a contract with MPS, please contact Korbyn King.

Current partner colleges/universities

2. Future Student Teachers Fill out Preferences Survey

Please send the following link to all student teachers who are interested in student teaching in MPS, or who have already secured a placement with MPS. Survey link 

3. Placement Coordinator secures placement(s)

To place pre-student teachers and student teachers, the placement coordinator should contact principals directly.* We have created an email template for your placement request.

4. Register all confirmed placements with MPS

All pre-student teaching and student teaching placements must be registered with MPS via the Placement Tracker Form.

2017-18 Pre-Service Teacher Placement Tracker Form

5. Instruct your students to complete the required forms prior to their start date.

It is the responsibility of colleges/universities to inform their students of the required forms that they must complete prior to beginning their pre-student teaching and student teaching experiences.

All students must complete the required registration form, MPS criminal background check, and orientation.