2017-2018 Teacher Hiring Process
1. APPLY TO CONTENT POOL(S) — All teacher candidates* should apply to EVERY content pool for which they would like to be considered. Candidates cannot be considered for employment without first applying to the appropriate content pool(s).
Use the following links to apply:
*NOTE: If you are a current MPS teacher, internal movement between teaching positions occurs at the spring Interview and Select event. Content pools are only for candidates not currently on the MPS teacher contract.
2. SCREENING INTERVIEW — If you meet minimum qualifications to become a teacher in MPS, you may receive an invitation for an initial screening interview. Please note, this screening interview is a mandatory initial assessment of qualifications rather than an interview for a specific vacancy.
3. SCREENING DECISION — Within 1-2 weeks of your screening interview, you will receive an email notification regarding your screening interview. Candidates who pass the initial screening will then be invited to apply for specific positions at all MPS schools.
4. APPLY FOR SPECIFIC VACANCIES — Candidates who are invited to move past the screening process must apply for all positions for which they would like to be considered. Please note, this does not require creating a new application. Candidates will be able to use the same online profile created for the content pool applications.
5. SCHOOL-BASED INTERVIEW — MPS school leaders will review and coordinate interviews for open positions at their site. If you are selected for an interview, expect to hear from the school staff directly.
6. OFFER — If you are selected for a teaching position, a member of the Human Capital team will contact you to discuss your job offer, onboarding and new teacher orientation. Welcome to MPS!
Other opportunities at MPS
In addition to teaching positions, MPS is seeking great candidates for a variety of positions, including custodians, bus drivers, food service workers, education support professionals — both behavioral and academic, program staff, and more! Applications are currently open online for a wide variety of opportunities. Follow the links below to view current vacancies:
If you are an MPS employee, view jobs on our Internal site
If you are new to MPS, view jobs on our External site
If you have any questions about jobs within Minneapolis Public Schools, call us at 612.668.0500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.